TEKsystems Named to Seramount Inclusion Index for Third Consecutive Year
Nov. 15, 2023 | HANOVER, MD
2023 Inclusion Index recognizes TEKsystems for continued focus on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
(HANOVER, Md., Nov. 15, 2023) – TEKsystems, a global provider of technology, business and talent solutions for more than 80% of the Fortune 500, announced today that they have been named to the 2023 Seramount Inclusion Index, which recognizes organizations who have established diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices to create inclusive workplaces. Seramount evaluates hundreds of companies annually with increasingly high standards for DEI progress each year. This is the third consecutive year TEKsystems has been named to the Seramount Inclusion Index.
Fostering an inclusive environment allows people to show up authentically. Whether it's through establishing and strengthening employee resource groups or updating recruiting and retention strategies, TEKsystems ensures each employee can show up as themselves, inspiring performance, creativity and innovation.
"At TEKsystems, we seek out and embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives. By practicing unbiased empathy, we want our employees to feel seen and heard," said Franklin Reed, executive director for global inclusion, diversity and equity at TEKsystems. "I believe our employees feel empowered to use their differences to get involved in the organization and dive into their passions so they can be fulfilled at work so we can achieve our goals together."
While we celebrate the progress we've made, we remain dedicated to and focused on reinforcing a culture of inclusion for all.
The comprehensive programs in place at TEKsystems begin instilling the value of inclusion into employees during onboarding and continue with ongoing talent management, communication, professional development and leadership training. Additionally, TEKsystems has several employee resource groups (ERGs) and employee networks (ENs) dedicated to assuring that women, people of color, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups have a community and a platform to be heard.
Now in its seventh year, the Seramount Inclusion Index helps organizations understand trends and opportunities in demographic representation, creates a roadmap to drive internal change, and identifies DEI solutions to close any gaps. The index evaluates:
- Best practices in recruitment, retention and advancement of people from underrepresented groups
- Creation of inclusive culture through leadership accountability, clear communications and employee engagement
- Improvement in demographic diversity for women and racial/ethnic minorities, especially at more senior levels and in promotions
Key Findings From the 2023 Seramount Inclusion Index
- Employee Resource Groups' (ERG) continued progress as an important source for employees: On average, 32% of company employees are members of at least one ERG; 53% of companies pay extra or offer incentives to employees who hold ERG leadership positions, not including ERG executive sponsors (versus 41% in 2022); 30% have religious-based ERGs (versus 24% in 2022)
- Inclusive recruitment strategies: 93% of companies highly recommend or require gender and racial/ethnic diversity in succession-planning slates (versus 72% in 2022); 88% of companies require or highly recommend candidates for employment to be interviewed by a diverse panel of interviewers (versus 62% in 2022).
- Career and leadership development: 74% of companies provide formal sponsorship programs (versus 66% in 2022); 96% of companies provide mental health education/training to all employees (versus 88% in 2022).
For more information about the company’s DEI programs, visit TEKsystems.com
For media inquiries, contact Kara Moran.
About TEKsystems and TEKsystems Global Services
We’re TEKsystems. We accelerate business transformation for our customers. We bring real-world expertise to solve complex technology, business and talent challenges—across the globe. We’re a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 customers, including 80% of the Fortune 500 across North America, Europe and Asia, who partner with us for our scale, full-stack capabilities and speed. We’re strategic thinkers, hands-on collaborators, helping customers capitalize on change. We’re building tomorrow by delivering business outcomes and driving positive impacts in our global communities. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company. Learn more at TEKsystems.com.
Seramount, part of EAB, is a strategic professional services and research firm dedicated to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. For over four decades, we have partnered with 450 of the most iconic companies in the world. This has allowed us to build a deep, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, which lays the groundwork for everything we do. Seramount provides best practices research, leadership skill-building, expert advisory and custom research, and implementation tools to DEI leaders within the organizations we serve. We meet each partner’s needs no matter where they are on their journey and guide them along an ever-changing talent landscape. Learn more at www.seramount.com.