Women in IT: Cultivate Your Community
August 8, 2023
5 Tips for Empowering Women in Your Organization
Foster a greater sense of belonging among women within the workplace. Get started with these five tips.
Lauren Kolodrubetz, executive director of marketplace diversity solutions, shares her perspective on how to create a sense of belonging within your organization. Building community support, where women can lean on each other for guidance and mentorship, is foundational.
Why Is Growing a Sense of Belonging Important for Women Technologists?
Just 58% of women report that they have a sense of belonging at work (versus 85% of men). But with greater inclusivity, business soars: 76% of IT leaders report that DEI programs have positively impacted business results, and 73% say they have increased productivity.
Empower women in your organization to network so they are encouraged to share resources and guidance. What is your current workplace culture? Cultivate inclusivity by using these tips to build a foundation of community support in your organization:
- Embrace authenticity for a greater sense of belonging.
- Advocate self-confidence to encourage effective communication and leadership.
- Create employee networks for women.
- Encourage employees to explore mentorship and skills training.
- Facilitate programs and policies that create equity for women.
Where to Start
Work with your leadership team and your colleagues to mobilize the women in your organization.