Application development is the development of new applications that may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may necessitate interfaces to existing applications.
Examples of included application development services:
Web application development
- Mobile application development
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Researching, analyzing and gathering requirements
- Designing, testing, documenting and implementing programming
- Applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written
- Providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
Technology upgrade/migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality, or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology upgrade/migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
Examples of included services:
- Assessments of the current application portfolio
- Evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and business case development for justification of an initiative
- Technology transformations, which may include:
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Benchmarks and milestones
- Planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services, and training support.