Though no scrum experience is required, some experience with managing projects is helpful. It is encouraged that participants to arrive well rested and prepared for a full day of fun and interactive learning.
This course focuses on one of the key roles in Scrum - the Product Owner. The Product Owner is tasked with setting and communicating the product vision, and the one who ultimately determines what gets built. This hands-on workshop provides the Product Owner with an experiential learning environment for techniques on making the right product decision, building the right features and incorporating feedback to satisfy customers. Product Owners will receive practical, applicable advice and skills that they can apply to their own projects and teams.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will received a two-year membership with the Scrum Alliance and will also receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner credential.
This course is designed for stakeholders, business analysts, Product Owners, managers and anyone who wants to understand what Scrum is all about.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand:
- How Scrum helps organizations copy with change, budget constraints, quality issues and more
- The Product Owner role and how it differs from traditional roles, such as a business analyst
- Product backlog management and effective user stories
- Pragmatic practices for managing and communicating the scope and vision of a product
- How to partner effectively with a development team
- Strategies for delivering faster by taking advantage of the iterative, incremental nature of Scrum
Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
Product Backlog as it relates to Vision and Backlog Readiness
Product Increment and the Definition of Done
Collaborating and Partnering with the Team
Scaling the Product Owner role with Scrum
The topics listed above meet the learning objectives identified by the Scrum Alliance. Each course's final outline may vary, based on conversations between the instructor and the client prior to delivery.