Key points from this Infographic
Adoption of diversity programs is lagging
- Just 39 percent of IT leaders report that a formal diversity program is in place at their company.
- Of the companies that report having a formal diversity program, 75 percent report annual revenues of $1 billion or more.
Diversity programs not tapped in filling IT roles
- Seventy percent of IT leaders report that finding talent for open positions is difficult.
- Just 17 percent of IT leaders say they’re very satisfied with the quality of candidates found for open positions.
- Yet only 18 percent of IT leaders indicate they actively discuss diversity as a solution to fill positions.
Leadership is more optimistic about status of diversity programs
- Forty-five percent of IT leaders think their departments have integrated diversity efforts into normal operations effectively, only 38 percent of professionals share that opinion.
- The delta regarding their workplaces being inclusive is even larger—while approximately two-thirds (65 percent) of leaders believe it is inclusive, only 53 percent of IT professionals agree.
- Additionally, more professionals (39 percent) think diversity efforts need to be improved than leaders (35 percent).