Key Points from this Infographic:
- Eight out of 10 (81 percent) of IT professionals indicate that they are open to new job opportunities even when they are happily employed and not actively seeking another job.
- IT professionals are receiving an average of 34 solicitations per week for new job opportunities; this is a significant increase from a reported average of 23 solicitations per week in 2012.
- Sixty-eight percent of IT leaders say they would eliminate a candidate from consideration for a single negative comment online about their current employer.
- Sixty-eight percent of IT leaders report that they use social media to source candidates and 82 percent indicate that they use it to screen candidates.
- Seventy percent of IT professionals believe third-party online job boards are the most effective resource during a job search.
- Seventy-seven percent of IT professionals report that they submit 10 or more resumes in a given week, with 21 percent reporting that they submit more than 40 resumes.