Key Points from This Infographic:
- 92 percent of IT leaders believe employee retention is critical to organizational success. A well-defined succession management program encourages discussions of career pathing with high-potential employees.
- 93 percent of IT professionals agree being successful in the future means they will need to have strong business and IT skills. A proper plan provides a vehicle for employees to understand the business and add value.
- 82 percent of IT leaders state they would benefit from greater insight into what goes on at the line levels of IT. An effective succession management program helps high-performance employees work their way up and carry line-level insights with them.
- Recommendations for a Stronger Succession Management Program:
- Ensure Your Program Has Depth: Leaders should implement a formal program for all key levels to gain important line-level insight.
- Examine Your Approach: Organizations should tailor their approach according to their size, culture and business needs.
- Define Your Criteria: A well-defined program allows employees to know what skills and behaviors are necessary to advance.
- Communicate Your Plan: Organizations should communicate the purpose and principles of their succession management program, so employees know they are committed to their success.
- Review Your Program: Organizations should review their succession management program at least annually to ensure it remains in sync with strategic goals.
People are at the heart of every successful business initiative. At TEKsystems, we understand people. Every year we deploy over 80,000 IT professionals at 6,000 client sites across North America, Europe and Asia. Our deep insights into IT human capital management enable us to help our clients achieve their business goals—while optimizing their IT workforce strategies. We provide IT staffing solutions, IT talent management expertise and IT services to help our clients plan, build and run their critical business initiatives. Through our range of quality-focused delivery models, we meet our clients where they are, and take them where they want to go, the way they want to get there.