Key Points from this Infographic:
Retention is a challenge
No long-term stability
- One-third of IT leaders (34 percent) have no specific expectations for how long an employee will stay with their organization.
- Only 9 percent of IT leaders expect IT professionals to stay with their organization for more than five years.
Infrastructure is lacking
- About half of IT leaders (51 percent) and IT professionals (49 percent) do not believe modular and temporary project teams are the future of work.
- Just over 2 out of 5 IT leaders (43 percent) do not have the infrastructure necessary to quickly assemble or disassemble teams to respond to IT demands.
- Less than a third of IT leaders (32 percent) agree their organization has a clearly articulated employee value proposition.
- Overall, IT leaders and professionals disagree on the existence of benefits, talent management and development programs. IT leaders report their organizations offer a wide variety of employee benefits programs. However, only a fraction of IT employees are aware these programs exist, indicating a lack of communication, participation or both.