TEKsystems’ Summit Focuses on Real-World Mobility Issues Facing Businesses
Jan 4, 2012 | HANOVER, MD | For media inquiries, please contact us at media@TEKsystems.com.
HANOVER, MD – January 04, 2012 –TEKsystems®, a leading provider of IT staffing solutions, IT talent management expertise and IT services, recently hosted an open-forum summit at the company’s Montreal Solutions Center in Montreal, Canada for IT leaders to discuss hot topics, business challenges, and the future of mobile application development. TEKsystems hosted clients from industries including financial services, healthcare and telecommunications.
Relevant Topics in the Mobile Space
Conversations at the summit covered critical issues that leaders believe will drive mobile applications to become a top area of investment and competitive differentiation in attracting and retaining retail consumers. As the mobile landscape changes, organizations are modifying existing strategies or creating new ones entirely.
Key findings that are influencing approaches to business strategy include:
- Business leaders and executives are convinced that mobile is not only a channel, but the channel for communicating with customers now and into the near future. A close partnership between IT and marketing and operations will be critical for the success of mobile initiatives.
- Summit attendees want providers in this space to build solutions that can be sold as a service, versus simply providing applications functionality. Service Oriented Architecture through the cloud is a must.
- Attendees said they are looking for service providers to help them navigate several critical decisions pertaining to their mobile strategies:
- Selecting between m-site, native or hybrid technology solutions
- Integrating the user experience among many platforms to reinforce brand
- Determining what functionality should be the target for various mobile devices
- Balancing features and functionality with speed to market
- Tying the mobile strategy to marketing’s online and social media initiatives
- Showing momentum and results early to “prove” the benefits of the mobile channel
- Attendees held several lingering concerns regarding their mobile strategies:
- Defining the ROI and gaining necessary buy-in with internal stakeholders
- Upgrading infrastructure to support mobile initiatives
- Identifying revenue generation opportunities through mobile channels
- Managing privacy and security issues
- Improving QA and Testing capabilities – especially given the importance of a high-quality user interface and user experience
“Mobile application development is a strategic service capability of TEKsystems. We will continue to work with our valued customers to understand their goals and their challenges and then refine our services to meet their needs. The mobility summit enabled us to discuss key issues that shape demand for our services and it provided us with many insights into ways we can better position our capabilities,” commented Randy Verdino, vice president of Global Services at TEKsystems.
People are at the heart of every successful business initiative. At TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company, we understand people. Every year we deploy more than 80,000 IT professionals at 6,000 client sites across North America, Europe and Asia. Our deep insights into IT human capital management enable us to help our clients achieve their business goals–while optimizing their IT workforce strategies. We provide IT staffing solutions and IT services to help our clients plan, build and run their critical business initiatives. Through our range of quality-focused delivery models, we meet our clients where they are, and take them where they want to go, the way they want to get there.