Ever think about hacking computers for a living? Or just want to advance your current InfoSec career? You might pursue the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification. While the classes are generally expensive—and mandatory for most exam takers—TEKsystems consultants can get them for free.
- CEH exam cost: $600
- Potential annual salary increase: $12,500
- Average monthly job postings that request a CEH: 174
The EC-Council, which offers the CEH, offers several options for filling the prerequisites before taking the exam:
- Expensive: You can complete a five-day instructor-led training online for $2,895
- Free: If you have two or more years of professional information security experience, you can apply for a training exemption (with a $100 application fee); Skillsoft offers the courseware for $870
- Free for TEKsystems consultants: Skillsoft CEH courses and test preparation
Free CEH courses for consultants:
The EC-Council has endorsed Skillsoft’s CEH course offerings, meaning you, as a TEKsystems consultant, can get comprehensive free training. You can access these courses:
- Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Network Scanning
- Enumeration and Cryptography
- System Hacking
- Social Engineering
- Denial of Service and Session Hijacking
- Hacking Web Servers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Buffer Overflow
In addition, you can get the CEH test prep and study guides for free.
If you’re a TEKsystems consultant, log in to the VSC to get your Skillsoft password and start training. Contact your recruiter with any questions.
Curious about other Skillsoft offerings? Visit the full course catalog.
Want to become an IT consultant with TEKsystems? Create or update your profile to receive IT job postings that match your skills and interests.
What’s stressing out IT workers lately? Surprising results from our annual Stress and Pride survey