Key points from this Infographic
THE NCAA TOURNAMENT IMPACTS MORE THAN EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY; IT LEADERS MUST ALSO CONSIDER BANDWIDTH ISSUES AND SECURITY RISKS
- During the NCAA tournament, 89 percent of IT consultants anticipate increased Internet usage at their organization.
- Sixty percent of IT professionals believe their company’s network will be at greater risk due to online activities during the tournament.
- Fifty-three percent say their company has experienced bottleneck or bandwidth issues due to increased Internet usage during past tournaments.
WHILE COMPANIES MAY HAVE POLICIES IN PLACE, EMPLOYEES OFTEN FIND WAYS TO WORK AROUND THEM
- Over half (59 percent) indicate their companies have policies in place regarding Internet use for activities unrelated to work.
- However, 71 percent report being aware of employees employing work-arounds to stream tournament video.
- Fifty-eight percent say their IT team tracks Internet usage driven by specific sources such as the NCAA tournament or the World Cup.