Key Points from This Infographic:
- Forty-seven percent of IT professionals believe their company’s network will be at greater risk due to employees visiting websites related to activities associated with the NCAA tournaments, such as sports news sites, sources for tournament bracket software and gambling sites.
- Fifty-six percent indicate they have a policy regarding Internet use for events unrelated to work, such as the NCAA tournaments
- Sixty-eight percent report they have seen employees “work around” mandates that prevent the use of company laptops to stream video of NCAA games by using personal devices such as a smartphone or tablet, which can also expose and impact network bandwidth
- Forty-nine percent say their IT team has tracked Internet and streaming use associated with a specific source, such as the NCAA tournaments or the World Cup
- More than one-quarter (27 percent) of IT professionals indicate they have personally been asked to loan their IT expertise (e.g., set up central viewing capabilities, develop betting pool app) due to employee interest in the NCAA tournaments
People are at the heart of every successful business initiative. At TEKsystems, we understand people. Every year we deploy over 80,000 IT professionals at 6,000 client sites across North America, Europe and Asia. Our deep insights into IT human capital management enable us to help our clients achieve their business goals—while optimizing their IT workforce strategies. We provide IT staffing solutions, IT talent management expertise and IT services to help our clients plan, build and run their critical business initiatives. Through our range of quality-focused delivery models, we meet our clients where they are, and take them where they want to go, the way they want to get there.