Free training spotlight: ITIL Foundation
September 27, 2016 | By Lisa Dare, TEKsystems Digital Content Strategist
If you’re looking to advance in a large enterprise, you should consider getting an ITIL® certification, one of the IT industry’s most respected credentials. Short for IT Infrastructure Library, ITIL offers a disciplined approach to the design and practice of IT services so that they align with business goals and users’ needs, and deliver high value.
ITIL Foundation is the base level certification for ITIL, and many IT pros report the test is straightforward and the certification is in demand.
ITIL Foundation basics
- Prerequisites: None
- Exam cost: Varies; approximately $250 but may be found for $129
- Average annual salary increase: $21,338
- How long it lasts: Doesn't expire
- Average U.S. monthly job postings that request or require the certification: 237
Free Skillsoft courses for TEKsystems consultants
Skillsoft offers 16.5 hours of preparation courses to study for the latest (2011) version of the ITIL Foundation certification, and you can also use these classes for your PMP professional development units. TEKsystems IT consultants have access to over 3,000 IT and soft skills trainings through Skillsoft to help you advance your IT career.
Free classes include:
- ITIL® and the Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy Fundamentals
- Service Strategy Processes
- Service Design Fundamentals
- Service Design Processes
- Service Transition Processes and Policies
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation Processes
- Continual Service Improvement
Interested in becoming a TEKsystems consultant? Search IT jobs or contact a local IT recruiter to get started. If you're already a TEKsystems consultant, you can instantly access Skillsoft courses by logging into your Virtual Support Community. Your recruiter can help you with any questions.