Months to deliver microservices design
Retention rate of consultants
OWNING CHANGE IN INSURANCE
Our client is a fast-growing insurance company, with presence in 10+ countries across Asia Pacific. To accelerate their expansion efforts in Japan, they aspired to create a new inhouse customer experience platform that is customised for their local users.
The challenge: Outdated technology
Since the advent of digitalisation, the insurance space has been rapidly disrupted with new players emerging onto the scene and challenging the status quo. One of the major roadblocks in our client’s quest to enhance customer-centricity was their legacy customer service platform. Built using a monolithic application, the platform’s technical framework was not compatible with the rest of their organisation, which lead to a lack of optimisation and unsatisfactory user experience both internally and externally.
To tackle this pressing pain point, our client envisioned building a new customer service platform that would be modern, easily migratable and cloud-enabled, and most importantly, surpass customer expectations. On top of needing resources with high technical prowess, the challenge was to deliver a new high-quality solution while meeting tight timelines. It was at this point when TEKsystems stepped in as a strategic partner, playing a pivotal role in accelerating our client’s transformation journey.
Our proposal: Expertise meets excellence
To execute this solution, our client needed a partner who could swiftly put together a team of highly skilled and experienced technical consultants that would come in and hit the ground running from day one. Despite the tight ramping up period, TEKsystems’ delivery team leveraged their deep candidate networks and thorough screening process to deploy a team of consultants with full-stack development and cloud capabilities, aligned with the client’s expectations.
To improve project efficiency, TEKsystems ensured that our team comprised of subject matter experts in cloud, microservices environments, and agile methodology, driving best-practice and maintaining high quality work.
To ensure success in meeting the deliverables, TEKsystems provided project oversight and our delivery team stayed in constant communication with the client, aligning project expectations, conducting regular performance management, and maintaining consultant engagement.
Throughout the course of the engagement, TEKsystems made a significant impact to the project.
- We utilised our Agile working expertise to create daily stand-ups, providing clarity on task allocation, reviewing the progress of different sprints, and ensuring constant communication between all stakeholders.
- Our consultants provided the technical expertise needed to develop a new digital portal from conception to production, automating all testing procedures.
- TEKsystems created significant process efficiencies, and within five months, our team successfully delivered a microservices design and implemented it across several business functions.
- Our ability to accurately capture the project requirements and the client’s cultural fit, coupled with the TEKsystems Consultant Care Programme, culminated in achieving a consultant retention rate of 92% for the project.
- Deployment of Azure AKS
- Java 11 Spring Boot Backend
- React JS Frontend
- Docker for CICD