San Diego, CA, US
Contract to Hire
Our customer is looking for an individual to work in a fast paced, high-visibility position within the company's platform engineering organization, helping to establish a linearly scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed services platform. This key role will help implement the technology transformation of the network services platform, which includes existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
The individual will implement rigorous best practices for measuring, understanding, predicting, and improving the performance of our ecommerce, media, and entertainment platform. The candidate will also establish and influence quality engineering best practices across the development community. The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, ecommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
* Performs a key role in the evolution of the performance, load and stress testing strategy, applying industry standard best practices and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible services for the SNEI platform.
* Plays a senior role in end-to-end quality, working closely with engineering, product management and operations.
* Works cross-functionally with Product and Operations teams to define workflows and performance requirements. Develops test scripts and scenarios to these requirements.
* Works with the product owners and other team members across the enterprise to drive quality initiatives.
* Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
* BS or MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Experience in software development, expert level of programming, design, and end-to-end system analysis.
* Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
* Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
* Hands on experience with performance testing frameworks (JMeter, Soasta, LoadRunner, Silk Performer).
* Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL)
This is slated for a 6 month contract to hire.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.