San Antonio, TX, US
Contract to Hire
Job Role- Developer / Programmer Mainframe :
This position is a hands-on, application developer who will be joining an existing application development team.
- 4+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding
- 4+ years of COBOL mainframe/host experience
- 2 years PL/I experience.
- Experience with IMS, DB2, CICS.
- Ability to follow ITIL, Six Sigma or CMM "best practices"
- The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve a combination of voice, data, and network problems in a development environment.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Java Programming Language
- Visual Basic Programming Language
- PS SQL
- Knowledge of DB2 and/or Universal Database (UDB)
- Test and document upgrades in a test and production environment.
- Design, develop and Test Routing Strategies.
- Collect and document requirements.
- Document Routing strategy, requirements and purpose.
- Review and Analyze Error logs and document findings.
- Troubleshoot issues.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.