Oldsmar, FL, US
Contract to Hire
The Engineering team at our client is looking for a DevOps Architect to join their team.
This DevOps CI/CD Architect will be responsible for a few key critical initiatives:
1) First is CI/CD- they are looking to automate their whole software application development life-cycle and everything in it. For example, when you develop software there are several parts such as: unit testing, running code, bug fixing, analysis, and managing in tools like Jira. Our client is looking to automate that whole process in a CI/CD fashion. Their goal is to have development tools and write scripts to automate all these processes so they can automatically build something and automatically run unit tests. This will increase efficiency and time it days to do day to day tasks. There is also less room for error with automation.
** It is very important for this DevOps Architect to have experience architecting a CI/CD pipeline on a Large Scale with complicated systems. They need this architect to be a true consultant and come in and give guidance on what tools they need to implement and what gaps they can fill. In addition this consultant will be mapping out and architecting all of the details for this group
2) The second main initiative is surrounding Docker containerization and running these containers through kubernetes or ranchers. This is the trending approach to combine these too tools for containerized applications. Our client currently does not have any production life to container an application in large scale.
* We need someone who has deployed containerized kubernetes to the cloud (AWS)
- Need someone who has architecting containerized application experience
- Need someone who has experience operating production cluster
a) Provide architecture guidance in setting up CI/CD pipeline for C&C on-prem and cloud applications.
b) Help architecting production grade, highly available containerized applications and define the best practice in terms of operating underline infrastructure to support them, especially on cloud.
c) Provide hands-on development or guidance to expedite AppDev team's effort to containerize Nano applications.
d) Provide DevOps best practice, continuous integration and continuous delivery guidance across the scrum teams.
Required Knowledge & Skill Set:
a) Expertise in architecting and building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery system for large scale, distributed microservices application on Cloud (especially AWS) and on prem.
b) Expertise in CI/CD tools including but not limited to Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
c) Expertise in architecting containerized microservice applications running on Kubernetes/Rancher on cloud, especially with dynamic scaling of the underline infrastructure to achieve optimized cost.
d) Expertise in operating production grade Kubernetes with Rancher on cloud: monitoring, alerting, failover, etc.
Top 3 Skills:
1) Expertise in build/ deployment CI/CD tools for Dockerized Applications; Ansible and Jenkins preferred.
2) Understanding of Java and Node Js; must know how to build and test on applications, no hands on coding needed
3) AWS Experience; Experience Managing Kubernete clusters in AWS
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.