Oakbrook Terrace, IL, US
Contract to Hire
TEKsystems has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to join one of our clients here in the Western Suburbs!
The IT Business Analyst serves as the liaison between the business and IT. This individual researches requests for service from the business and gathers and documents requirements, plans solutions, recommends applications and systems,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis.
* A must have for this position is experience in creating business requirements for corporate audits such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO 9001, or Security ISO 27001. GDPR security experience is a plus. The Business Analyst (BA) will review ISO 27001 standards, and translate to business requirements for the IT department to execute per normal project lifecycle. The BA will assist an in-house IT security officer with executing on the project roadmap to insure compliance by May 2018.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls and outputs.
* Acts as a liaison between the business units and technology teams. Provides timely status updates to management, key stakeholders, development teams, and business users.
* Identifies business process strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
* Design components, screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems. Designs, supervises and implements system tests.
* Performs development responsibility when needed including converting designs and specifications into application code, debugging application and fixing errors.
* Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
* Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about systems. Provides operational and production support when needed.
* Trains end users or technical support staff to use systems.
* Manage the queue of user work orders / requests for service by working with the users to provide background information at a level of detail sufficient to prioritize, classify, dispatch, inform and close the work order.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and training events to include core systems, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional organizations as appropriate to the field.
* This position also requires project management skills. The Business Analyst will be required to manage projects in software development, reporting, and infrastructure approximately 25% of the work week.
* Communication skills (written and verbal)
* Customer service orientation
* Organizational/Multi-tasking skills
* Project coordination
* Problem Solving/Decision Making
* Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct
* Detail Orientation
* Ability to quickly learn new concepts and rapidly adapt to changing priorities and requirements
* Effective Technology Application (Must be proficient in one or more of the following technology areas; Oracle, SQL Server Databases, common programming languages such as Visual Basic or Visual C# and web based applications)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four-year college or university (Area of study in information technology preferred), or equivalent experience.
* Working technical knowledge of multi-tier web applications.
* Strong knowledge of: Standard business process knowledge such as AR/AP, Order entry, Inventory Control, Purchasing; General business systems such as ERP, Financial systems, websites, workflows, etc.; Network and PC operating systems; Current network hardware, protocols, and standards are a plus.
* Experience eliciting and documenting requirements for business intelligence, data warehousing or data-mart application a plus.
* May require experience working with SQL, .NET, and Crystal Reports.
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience managing small projects to Project Management Institute standards.
Please apply directly for consideration if you match the above requirements!
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.