New York, NY, US
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values - relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
We have an immediate need for Agile Coach to join our Global Services team in NYC. The Coach needs to have a strong Agile/Scrum background, have Agile certifications, experience as an Agile Coach and Agile Trainer. This is a position that requires very good people skills, very good and open communication skills, and can manage a customer's organization transformation into Agile.
The role performs as an Agile Coach and Trainer as part of Agile Transformation engagements. This candidate must be able to work in a business "start-up" environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset, must be able to work and thrive, in a fast paced environment. This person is self-directed and innovative in planning and executing client engagements and can drive to business outcomes based on objectives without needing much guidance. This person is passionate about transforming software delivery organizations leveraging Agile, Lean and other modern software best practices. As a coach you will be required to deliver agile coaching and training in Agile Transformation engagements.
Deliver agile coaching and training in Agile Transformation engagement.
Deliver various Agile training classes to clients. This can include:
- Role specific training: Scrum Master, Product owner
- Practice specific training: Agile requirements and user stories, Agile testing practices, SCRUM practices
Provide coaching for teams and programs leveraging Agile/Scrum
Understand client's organization and transformation objectives
- Understand client's organization structure, business goals
- Work with the core agile program team to understand the transformation goals, objectives, plans, impediments and dependencies.
- Work with the client's PMO to understand the means by which Agile projects can satisfy governance requirements.
Potentially, collaborate with other coaches during the engagement
As required, leverage TEKsystems Agile Transformation frameworks, blueprints, reference models and other reusable assets.
Deliver measureable value and client success.
Deliver measureable result and business value in client engagements
Provide weekly Coaches logs to document progress and impediments
- Practice and experience as a SCRUM coach
- Excellent training, coaching and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships
- Ability to achieve alignment and overcome resistance
- Detail oriented/highly organized.
- 5 years of experience in various roles in software application development
- 2+ years of experience as an Agile Coach in applying various agile methods/frameworks
- Proven experience as an Agile coach
- Proven experience as a Change Agent
- Project Management/Engagement management experience
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Previous experience in a large scale Agile Transformation initiative is a plus.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.