Livonia, MI, US
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a System Engineer to join their team of 6. This individual will be responsible for day to day maintenance of the server and networking environments. They are a Windows and Cisco shop. Their Workstations are running off of Windows 7 and they are in the process of migrating to Windows 10. 60% of the job will be administration and support and 40% of this role will be project oriented.
The System Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of the enterprise network and telecommunications infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to: LANs, WANs, Wireless Networks, servers, personal computers, and voice systems across the enterprise. Also responsible for on-going standards compliance within information systems.
* Oversees the day-to-day operation of the network infrastructure including hardware/software support and projects
* Network LAN/WAN infrastructure design, implementation, and support including switches, routers and associated carrier services (MPLS, etc.)
* Internet services and security design and administration, including DNS, domain registration, SSL certificates, VPN, firewalls, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
* Design, implementation, and administration of server hardware, operating systems, and applications including physical servers, virtualization infrastructure (VMware), and storage subsystems (iSCSI, SAN, NAS, etc.)
* Directory services administration and support (Microsoft Active Directory, group policy administration)
* E-mail and collaboration systems administration and support (Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Skype for Business)
* System backups and archive administration (CommVault, cloud-based storage)
* Disaster recovery infrastructure and operations including data restoration and service redundancy
* Deployment of server and client operating systems, patches, software and/or hardware
* Network maintenance operations including anti-virus, disk management, and systems monitoring
* Voice system administration and support (Cisco Unified Call Manager, Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging)
* Mobile device management, administration, and support (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
* Assistance with 2nd and 3rd level issues escalated from the User Support group
* Shared on-call responsibilities after hours and during weekends
* Periodic travel to remote sites for implementations and support as required
* Documentation of systems infrastructure and standards
* Ensures infrastructure quality and security controls compliance for ISO 20256 and SOC 2
* Identifies and initiates resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with network and computing equipment, hardware and software to the user's satisfaction by meeting or exceeding service level agreements.
* Must have a BA/BS degree in a related field
* Minimum of 3 years of progressive Network Administration and Engineering experience in Information Technology or related field.
* Minimum 3 years of experience with the deployment, administration and maintenance of:
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
o Microsoft Exchange/Office365
o VMware ESXi infrastructure
o Windows 7/10 clients
o Server and workstation hardware
* Minimum of 1 year direct experience with the infrastructure management of:
o Cisco network infrastructure (switches and routers)
o Cisco security infrastructure (ASA firewalls, IPS)
o Telecommunications services (T1s, MPLS service, ISP services, voice services, etc.)
* Knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), Internet services and security, e-mail and collaboration systems, telecommunications and data communications, standard client and server operating systems, software applications and utilities.
* Solid working knowledge of Information Technology systems and structure.
* Project management, including the ability to coordinate internal resources and external vendors.
* Able to build relationships with clients throughout all levels of the organization
* Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* IT certification(s) related to infrastructure systems (Microsoft MCSE, VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, etc.) is desirable, but extensive experience will also be considered.
* Experience with the following is also desirable:
o Disaster recovery routines, including system replication and restoration
o Cloud-based services and platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
o Systems and environment monitoring and alerting
o Backup systems management, hardware, software and data recovery
o Voice systems administration and support (VoIP, SIP, QoS)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.