Las Vegas, NV, US
Contract to Hire
Top 3 Skills
1. Experience working with CAT 5/6
2. Racking and stacking equipment
3. Fiber Installation
Working on a team of Technicians that deal with all low voltage cabling infrastructure including; cat 5, cat 6, copper, fiber, T1's, Ds3's. This is a role where the tech could be dealing with pulling the cable, installing, terminating, repairing, and maintaining. This also involves equipment installation (racking and stacking) such as network devices and patch panels, building out racks, and troubleshooting existing issues.
* Installation of various network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment (CAT 3/CAT 5/CAT 6 copper, fiber and coaxial).
* Utilize industry standard cable test procedures and equipment for various cabling systems (OTDR, Network Analyzer, Visual Fault Locator).
* Creation of design layout record (D.L.R.) for all installations within a web based environment.
* Provide world class customer service to all customers and vendors.
* Ability to install network hardware such as switches, routers, wireless access points, microwave radios, servers, media converters and other telecommunications transport equipment.
* Ability to install premise equipment throughout our data center such as structured cabling, patch panels, wire management systems, PDU's, and other equipment.
* Understanding of CAT 3, CAT 5 and CAT 6 as well as Single-mode and Multi-mode fiber functions.
* Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
* Must possess proved problem solving skills.
* Basic typing, email and computer skills.
* Ability to work and complete multiple jobs simultaneously through proper time management.
* Communicate effectively in team environment.
* Wear appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.