Lake Forest, CA, US
Big Data Engineer - (AWS, Python/Scala, Spark)
This role will be part of a Business Intelligence Team leading our Center of Excellence team on the evaluation and implementation data engineering technology, tools, and frameworks leveraging the AWS platform and cloud services supporting the company's data science, data warehousing and visualization investments. This role will have an emphasis on Data Engineering practices and will be involved with helping drive the strategic vision for self-service reporting and decision support within the company.
What We Need:
* Help establish best practices in big data technologies and data warehouse to collect and analyze large volumes of data advancing the state of the art in efficiency optimization, predictive analytics and BI self-reporting tools.
* Assist in guiding the organization in efficient data and resource management best practices with cloud based big data, Data Warehouse and Reporting platforms and services
* You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and have 5+ years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, data engineering, data warehousing, or a similar field.
* You have expert level experience with SQL and Python, with intermediate around Hive, Pig
* You remain active in learning emerging practices and technologies in the BI/DW and data science space.
* You are comfortable and confident in your knowledge of multiple database programming languages and your knowledge of relational and columnar databases.
* You have experience integrating data from multiple data sources and have processed large amounts of unstructured data.
* You have experience with Cloud technologies (AWS preferred), Big Data Components (Apache Spark, Hadoop, Presto, etc.), and Continuous Integration tools is desired, but not required.
Data Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Provide significant contributions to the growth of our Data infrastructure
* Design, develop, test and deploy business intelligence solutions
* Design and document data structures/models and data flows
* Interact with various business units and technical teams to gather requirements
* Review, optimize and document current ETL processes
* Ensure data quality, completeness, and accuracy
* Collaborate with team members in code reviews, discovering better practices and patterns and continuous improvements
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.