Culpeper, VA, US
Contract to Hire
As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to junior staff. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Shift work is required.
Thi position requires a TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph.
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
* IT Hardware Concepts:
o x86 Architecture
* Linux/Unix Administration:
o Boot Process
o File Systems
o Network device and protocol configuration o Directory Structure o Performance Management/Troubleshooting o Base Operating System Install o Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash o Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
* Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
* The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
* Data Center's are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Center Technicians are also required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
* All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
* Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
• Preferred Qualifications
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
* Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
* Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.