Cincinnati, OH, US
Lead Monitoring Engineer: Solarwinds Implementation
* Implement and administer monitoring solutions in order to evaluate conditions and recommend changes to improve the overall health of supported tools and technological environment.
* Collaborate with technology and business teams to gather enterprise monitoring-related requirements and deliver high quality, innovative and effective solutions.
* Partner with internal and external technical support teams to proactively and reactively resolve, reduce and\or eliminate issues that cause business disruption.
* Make recommendations to improve performance, administration and life cycle management of EM Tools.
* Participate in On-call rotation with team members to provide 24x7 support of monitoring tools.
* Adhere to and educate others on Enterprise Monitoring standards and processes.
* Educate the IT Organization on monitoring best practices and trends.
* Extensive experience with monitoring methodologies (remote and agent-based), and toolsets.
* Extensive administration experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows server operating systems.
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and application problems in a complex environment.
* Experience with SQL Programming
* Experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer or Toad
* Experience with firewall interaction, domain controllers, and networking equipment.
* Ability to lead and mentor others as a senior technical member of the team.
* Ability to provide level-of-effort estimates and complete deliverables within allotted time.
* Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and implement tools for monitoring.
* Proactively identifies and assesses improvement opportunities (efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
* Familiarity with formal change management processes, ITIL Certification and ITSM experience preferred.
* Knowledge of software development principles and methodologies, preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational and/or work experience
* 3+ Years of working experience in a monitoring or related IT discipline in a mid- to large-sized enterprise.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong experience working in cross functional teams
* Proven ability to identify problems and develop recommendations.
* Business aptitude and customer focused
* Strong organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and ability to adapt to new operating models and changing business requirements effectively
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.