Boardman, OR, US
Contract to Hire
Data Center Technician
Our customer is looking for all shift Data Center Technicians to join the growing team within infrastructure operations. Scope of work includes troubleshooting and repairing servers with hardware and network issue. Work involves hardware diagnostic and replacement of failed components. Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities.
Technician will provide operational support of the Eastern Oregon Data Centers. They'll be responsible for day to day incident management of servers and networking equipment and project work and capacity management. The engineer will work closely with the Data Center Manager on projects scheduling and directing work for junior technicians and associates. A Data Center background within Linux, troubleshooting and hardware is going to be crucial for this role from a technical standpoint. Personality and a "team like willingness" is important from a soft skill perspective. The customer is currently doubling the amount of Data Centers in East Oregon for 2016, so there is going to be a need for several DC techs within the next few months.
Ability to work 3:00pm to 1:00am OR 10:00pm to 8:30am
* Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
* Work at heights and from ladders.
* Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
* Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
* Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
* Respond to off hour emergency calls.
* Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
* Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
* Occasional bending or twisting of the body
* Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
* Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
* Push or pull heavy objects into position
* Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
* Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
Some travel may be required
Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Manager
3-5 years IT support experience
Hands on experience with x86 architecture based systems
Data Center Technician experience
Experience with Linux or similar OS
Good knowledge of network design and protocols
Understanding of storage devices
Understanding of scripting languages
Must exhibit good communication and grammatical skills
Must be capable of lifting 35lbs
Must have valid driver's license and their own vehicle
Must be able to pass background check and drug test
Must be able to obtain a CompTIA ServerPlus within first 3 months of hire date
Must be able to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.