Bellevue, NE, US
Position Description: Seeking an Engineering Technician - Level 3. The personnel qualifying for this position shall be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces. Position will be responsible for implementation, coordination, installation, and/or oversight of a wide variety of activities for complex network cable wiring systems for voice, data, and video. Position may require added duties, functions, or projects on an as needed basis or at the discretion of management.
With minimal guidance from senior personnel, personnel shall be able to:
* Installation and repair of low voltage communications cabling consisting of copper, fiber optic and coaxial cables within new commercial construction and existing client office environments.
* Rough In of low voltage cabling for Voice, Data and AV.
* Termination of low voltage copper, fiber optic and coaxial cables.
* Build out of telecom closets to include ladder racking, relay racks, patch panels and management.
* Testing, labeling and certification of new installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Use of construction drawings, schematic diagrams, BICSI specifications, EIA/TIA codes and system-defined standards to move or install new communications.
* Measure, cut, assemble and install conduit, pathways, install related structured cable components and necessary terminations.
* Use specialized testing devices and system-defined standards to test compliance requirements and document results.
* Ensure standard quality levels are met with respect to fire stoppage, construction regulations, EIA/TIA codes and BICSI structured cabling standards.
* Lift, carry and move cable and equipment as needed.
* Work with unshielded twisted pair, single and multi-mode fiber optic, coaxial cable and all other types of limited energy cable.
* Use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot problems, or repair cable (cable tester, fiber-optic light source and power meter, laptop computers, continuity testers).
* Install, maintain, and troubleshoot intra-building fiber-optic cables. Terminate all fiber-optic connectors, manufacture and provide fiber patch.
* Troubleshoot complaints and/or end user related concerns.
* Certify data wiring and monitor, inspect, and conduct all tests required, ensuring all system component connections are operating properly.
* Eight (8) years of practical experience
* Active SECRET DoD clearance
* Ability to follow directions of crew leader/project manager
* Attendance & Punctuality
* Motivated to learn
* Must be able to lift/carry tools and materials associated with customer cabling installation (approximately 25-100lbs)
* Climb ladders 6ft-14ft to work within ceiling spaces
* Terminate cables, using hand tools and other equipment
Education Requirements: Personnel qualifying for this position shall have an associate's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or Information Technology; or completion of four (4) years of US military service in a related field; or completion of a formal two (2) year or more apprenticeship in a related field that included six months of formal classroom training.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.