Bakersfield, CA, US
The Business Intelligence Analyst roles are responsible for the design and maintenance of corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); organizational reporting; as well as analytics with healthcare information, organizational financial data, and operational systems and processes.
The Business Intelligence Analyst IV position is a mid-career to advanced position in the organization and one of the primary interfaces for reporting management, health analytics, and data governance. The role will have strong problem solving skills, able to initiate investigative efforts for root-cause analysis through data mining, and be an independent or collaborative thinker and work to a high standard of design and delivery within pre-determined timelines. The position is able to interact with Executives, Business Management and other disciplines and contribute to the organizational dashboards and KPI's for operational or maintenance and business performance. The Business Intelligence Analyst IV works with internal and external customers to develop actionable reporting and delivers data products in report, presentation format, or verbally, to customer specifications and timelines with thoughtful evaluation of the data or information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate and contribute in the Agile and Project Management methodologies through planning to execution (i.e. requirements gathering; decomposition, development, etc.) in support of department or corporate projects.
* Be an organized individual that is willing to accept responsibility, demonstrate good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness, and is able to adapt and learn quickly.
* Mentor users across the organization to promote data education and data-driven culture in all aspects of clinical and business operations.
* Works directly with internal business partners and management for data collection, data analysis, methodology, and related business and or technical documentation.
* Provide user education of business intelligence and analytical applications to assist in ensuring access to data with the goal of promoting self-service and reduce reliance on technical resources in order to obtain data.
* Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery
* Ability to manage multiple priority projects and shift priorities as needed as well as produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies all while meeting deadlines.
* Responsible for identifying business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs, and helping address business challenges through the use of data and visualizations.
* Lead the design and build of dashboards, visualizations and analytics, contribute towards data modelling, data warehouse build and ETL activity.
* Understanding of the statistical principles and able to apply them in data analytics.
* Practical application of the techniques used in relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and working with Data Analytics, Reporting and Process Improvement teams to optimize Operational Data Store (ODS) or Data Warehouse.
* Advance Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) skills with experience creating presentations, templates, charts, pivot tables, formulas and calculations.
* Full understanding of the Structured Query Language (SQL) with the ability to create complex SQL statements within various data structures.
* Ability to design, develop, implement, and support SQL products including SSRS reports, SSIS packages, Agent jobs, RDLC solutions and more.
* Work with a variety of technologies, which may include BI and analytics platforms, data warehouse, ETL tools, and data quality and data governance.
* Develops reporting structures using business intelligence tools that synthesize data from various sources and highlight key metrics to inform decision-making
* Has a deep understanding of one or more major business disciplines with a full understanding of the processes, functions, and operations of the Managed Care Organization (MCO).
* Leverages in-depth knowledge of managed care principals, statistical analysis concepts, and health care data supporting our critical business needs
* Able to identify and describe current technology, facilities and equipment, location, products and services for one or more major business disciplines, with an understanding of the technical architecture.
* Understanding the influence of data, created or used by a department, on operations in the assigned department and the ability to document or investigate issues as to why a certain behavior or outcomes are exhibited through department's data or reports.
* Provide and validate standard metrics and information around process improvement to ensure that project goals, objectives, or Return on Investments (ROI) are achieved.
* Strong visual design skills used in creating information solutions, easy to understand reports and dashboards
* Participates in gaining consensus on guidelines and metric definitions (Key Performance Issues/ KPIs)
* Creates and maintains inventory of all KPI's, metrics, operational and regulatory reporting for the organization
* Quantify business process improvements that are aligned with and supportive of Kern Health Systems Corporate and Department Goals and Objectives. Provides thoughtful analysis and recommendations.
* Create professional reports for presentation, verbally and written, to management with adherence to specifications and timelines and with thoughtful evaluation of the data.
* Develop standards for best practices for reporting, marketing, and educating the company on available reporting tools in the company
* Facilitate meetings or communications as an interface between business units, technology teams, and other support resources.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Provide user education of business intelligence and self-service analytical applications to promote self-service and reduced reliance on technical resources in order to obtain information.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, or Mathematics from an accredited school or equivalent; or related field with an academic demonstration of analytical skills required; AND eight (8) years' working experience with a Managed Care Organization (MCO) or similar type organization preforming complex analytics or similar type of work;
Ten (10) years of experience with a Managed Care Organization (MCO) or similar type organization in a business role with a minimum of eight (8) years acting primarily in a business analytical capacity; OR, equivalent combination of education and business analytical experience on a year for year exchange of experience for education to be reviewed individually by Human Resources.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.