This course provides training on managing multiple vendors and sourcing agreements is now a critical skill for managers of IT development services and operational support. With the drive toward full service management, the need for a structured governance strategy is critical. Sourcing risks will be identified and a multi-sourcing governance framework designed. Supporting structures and processes for effective governance will be built into the plan. Measurement objectives will be defined so that a scorecard can be designed and used during a vendor review. A dispute resolution role play allows practice with negotiation and conflict management skills as attendees prepare to conduct the performance review.
This workshop is designed for information technology staff responsible for managing sourcing relationships and performance outcomes.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sourcing agreements with an emphasis on the Statement of work (SOW)
- Practice identifying and mitigating sourcing risks
- Design a governance framework
- Construct measurement objectives for a vendor scorecard
- Practice relationship skills to address disputes
- Prepare for a vendor performance review meeting
Service Management Role
The Statement of Work (SOW)
Service Level Measures