This course provides the fundamentals of team building and conflict management. Issues such as group synergy, attitude, perception, trust, competition, and conflict are examined. Participants identify common blockers that create conflict, and hinder people from working together. Participants then identify their individual conflict resolution styles, and learn the strengths and limitations of each style. Finally, participants learn how to think their way through a conflict and apply a Five-Step Collaborative Process.
This course is designed for anyone.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a good team player
- Identify blockers that create conflict and hinder people from working together
- Recognize importance of team synergy
- Understand how and why conflict exists
- Identify his or her personal conflict resolution style
- Learn how to think their way through a conflict
- Learn and practice a six-step conflict management process
Refer to Learning Outcomes.