This course provides training on how to deal with difficult, potentially violent people. Participants gain an understanding of the psychological dynamics of these people and some of the warning signs to look for. Because interacting with the difficult person can be challenging, participants learn an interactive model that helps diffuse aggressive behavior. Additionally, specific communication techniques are presented and practiced.
This course is designed for anyone.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the link between stress and workplace violence
- Identify reasons for increased negativity in the workplace
- Uncover the dynamics of a difficult person
- Identify three different forms of interaction
- Learn a technique to help avoid being “hooked”
- Identify several communication choices
- Practice several communication skills which will enhance their ability to deal with difficult people
- Learn how to diffuse an angry person
Please refer to Learning Outcomes.