Participants are suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
This two-day course prepares existing Scrum Masters to take a leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
This course is designed for existing Scrum Masters; Team leaders, project managers and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context; Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams; Agile coaches; Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team and Program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
SAFe Framework, Values, and Lean-Agile principles
Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
Program Increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
Building high-performing teams
Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
Learning and Communities of Practice