Key Points from this Infographic:
- Budget expansions are on target, with 45 percent of IT leaders expecting their IT budgets to increase.
- Confidence remains high, as 73 percent of IT leaders are confident in their department’s ability to satisfy business demands.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) enters the top five most impactful trends. Sequentially, these are: security, cloud computing, business intelligence, mobility and IoT.
- Big Data analytics enters the top five hardest-to-fill skill sets. Sequentially, these are: programmers/developers, security, software engineers, Big Data analytics and architects.
- Expectations are on the rise when it comes to hiring full-time employees—35 percent of IT leaders expect to hire for full-time positions, up 8 percent since midyear.
- Contingent hiring expectations are back near the level they were coming into 2015, with 39 percent of IT leaders expecting to hire temporary employees.