Key points from this Infographic
- Seventy-two percent of IT professionals expect moderate to major increases in internet usage at their organizations due to the games.
- Seventy-nine percent acknowledge that their corporate networks will be at greater risk due to that increased internet usage.
- Only 16% of respondents plan to issue special guidelines or communications regarding use of network resources to view/interact with the games.
- Nearly half of all companies surveyed are not introducing additional measures such as filters, blockers or firewalls specifically for the games.
- Forty-four percent of companies have experienced bottleneck or bandwidth issues due to increased internet usage during large sporting or broadcast events.
- The games have the potential to create security and performance issues for a significant number of network managers and administrators.
*Survey data was collected from North American responses of IT professionals