Key Points from this Infographic:
TEKsystems’ Time for Reflection infographic explores what IT professionals are most grateful for this holiday season, as well as their reflections upon past career choices and goals for 2014. The survey shows that team dynamics, specifically the relationships with their colleagues, is the aspect IT professionals are most grateful for in their jobs. Other reflections include IT professionals’ desire to develop their skills and advance their careers in 2014.
Results from the survey include:
- IT professionals rank their relationship with their colleagues as the top aspect of their job for which they are most grateful, while their relationship with their boss ranks sixth. Moreover, only 11 percent are interested in improving their relationship with their boss.
- Forty-four percent of IT professionals believe their careers could have been enabled further if they had pursued more education and certifications. The majority of the certifications they wish they had pursued are more technical in nature and less focused on improving all-around skills. The top five certifications they would have pursued are:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- CompTIA Server+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- The top two goals IT professionals have for 2014 are related to learning new skills, with technical skills ranking much higher than business skills. Seventy percent of IT professionals want to learn new technical skills in 2014 compared to just 45 percent who want to learn new business skills.