Key Points from this Infographic:
- Ninety-four percent of IT professionals and 84 percent of IT leaders agree performance management efforts are important to company goals.
- IT professionals think performance feedback is a critical part of being managed; 93 percent value informal feedback and 83 percent value formal.
- Only about half of IT leaders (54 percent) and professionals (49 percent) think their managers are great at providing feedback.
- Poor goal setting, inconsistencies in standards and subjectivity are the biggest challenges in managing performance.
- IT professionals want to receive more feedback: While more than two-thirds would like to receive performance reviews at least quarterly, only about half receive them even once or twice a year.
- IT managers should deliver feedback face to face when possible, in a calm manner, and most importantly, with specific examples.