TEKSYSTEMS IS COMMITTED | to fulfilling what we believe is our obligation to the local communities in which we operate, as well as to society and the environment at large. It is our obligation to put the best interests of our employees, customers, communities and environment at the forefront of our strategies and goals. Our official corporate and social responsibility mission statement outlines our main areas of focus:
TEKsystems has been named a top workplace for three years running. We believe our people are at the heart of our success, and our focus on our employees, customers and consultants helps us build strong relationships and achieve personal and professional goals.
Our People-centric Culture. Strong, partnership-based relationships are the foundation of a high-performing team and of the exceptional customer service we’ve built our reputation on. Every interaction is an opportunity to learn more about our people, clients and consultants. Inside TEKsystems, employees are expected to build family-like relationships in which they feel personally and professionally connected to their coworkers.
Helping Each Other Realize Personal and Professional Growth. At TEKsystems, this is our mission. We live our core values and impact each other by sharing personal and professional goals, building relationships, training and mentoring. Then we reinforce these activities through storytelling, internal communications, formal awards and informal acknowledgments.
Work with a Purpose. The work we do is more than just a job. It’s more than a paycheck. We put people to work each and every day: we help people find jobs and are proud to help them reach their personal and professional goals. We also help our customers in various industries achieve their goals through technology. At TEKsystems, it’s the connection we make with people—employees, clients, contractors— that defines us. We inspire each other through our words and more importantly, our actions.
A Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. We understand that by leveraging our differences and providing an open forum for employees to share ideas and thoughts based on their experiences, we are encouraging personal growth while also building a healthy and sustainable organization. We put this understanding into action with an active Diversity and Inclusion strategy, including continued efforts to recruit, mentor, support and promote diverse individuals, as well as to educate and inform all employees on the importance of an inclusive workplace.
TEKsystems aims to support the communities in which we live and work, and we have a particular focus on organizations with missions that align with our own company’s objectives of putting people to work. By focusing on charities with the following missions, we closely align our charitable giving strategy to our overall organizational objectives:
- The advancement of technology careers and STEM
- Overall career development and support for teens, adults and veterans
- The empowerment of underprivileged children and adults through education
TEKsystems aims to form close partnerships with charitable organizations on a national level whose missions fit the above criteria. By committing to providing monetary support, we have a far-reaching impact and can help these organizations achieve their goals. We also aim to partner with local affiliates of each organization through our field offices, allowing our employees to directly give back at the community level.
TEKsystems currently has formal partnerships with the following organizations:
- Per Scholas’ mission is to break the cycle of poverty by providing technology education, access, training and job placement services for people in underserved communities. TEKsystems’ donations go towards the advancement of their programs in each of their markets. Local offices engage with Per Scholas to provide job-seeking skills to students, as well as towards placing graduates with customers. In addition, we provide market analytics to help Per Scholas research markets for expansion.
- The Pat Tillman Foundation invests in military veterans and their spouses through educational scholarships—building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. Our donations support STEM degree plans and focus areas for scholars, and we will also contribute to other sponsorship opportunities.
- The National Education Foundation (NEF) is a national nonprofit leader in bridging the academic, financial and job skills divides in America’s schools. Its mission is to educate and train children and adults through technology with the intention of better preparing them to enter the workforce. Our partnership with NEF sponsors STEM programs in several schools across the country, aiming to increase the aptitude testing of middle school students in the areas of math and reading.
Recognizing that our work has an indirect effect on the environment, TEKsystems is committed to reducing our impact while educating and empowering our employees to make more environmentally responsible choices. We seek to lessen our environmental impact and reduce our carbon footprint. Below are just some of the ways in which we are making positive environmental changes:
- Reducing energy consumption
- Promoting responsible asset disposition of electronic waste
- Reducing consumption of paper
- Purchasing green office supplies
- Reducing disposable waste through one stream recycling
Governance & Ethics
Allegis Group conducts business according to the highest ethical standards and based on our shared values.
- All of our employees are subject to a Global Code of Conduct (“the Code”) that helps them make sound decisions in complex situations involving our Company and our business.
- Allegis Group’s Ethics, Compliance and Risk Management team established a global ethics hotline and website to allow employees to anonymously report situations that violate our Global Code of Conduct, Company Policy or the law.
- Allegis Group rolled out a new, significantly updated Global Code of Conduct along with a formal, required online training for all global internal employees in early 2013.